Matts Travels

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Past Month and a Bit

Well as you can tell I am very inconsistent with this blog, so sorry for that. The last month has been a bit up and down with me getting sick a few times. But if there was a time for me to get sick and have a bit of down time now is the time as there hasn't been a lot of racing. This is due to the regional and national championships going on throughout June, which I am not able to race in.

Also in the last few weeks I have hired a little Fiat Panda that is great even if butterflies can out strip it. On my first outing with it I drove to Calais and then got the ferry across to Dover, England where I met up with some friends for a few days which was really good fun. The first morning I was there I went and got a nice fully cooked English breakfast, so good.

I have been told just recently that I will be riding the Tour of Guadeloupe that is just of the coast of Venezuela from the 7th - 16th August. We will be flying in on the 6th and out on the 18th which will be really cool as I will have my 21st the day after the finish of the race.

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uselees blog site if you ask me. I can get more info via a cappuccino in Darwin. PS Have you retro fitted a 'milo tin' to the exhaust and added some duf-duf music yet? (Casuarina Drive Dreaming)

PS Vegemite works well as tyre blackener at the end of the rental period.

Safe travels - Bubby

Matt King said...

Haha no problem I will keep keeping the time in between blogs long then, so that you have a valid excuse to go for a coffee.
Yeah I was looking at some cool milo cans to but with the car, but am quite happy with the 990cc that the car has at the moment.
Vegemite hey, I will keep that in mind. I have come across something the may be better called Bovril, same as vegemite but kind of resembles tar.